The Crown Institute for Genomics Platform provides NGS (Next-Generation Sequencing) services for samples prepared by the Platform or for libraries submitted by external users.
The Crown Institute for Genomics supports a wide range of library preparation protocols and sequencing options.
In addition to standard Illumina kits, we developed and offer high quality in-house protocols for major applications at a reduced cost.
- PolyA-based capturing
- Ribosomal depleted RNA
- Total RNA
- Ultra low total RNA (10pg-10ng)
- Stranded total RNA / mRNA
- Small RNA (stranded, 17-22bp)
- RNA-Seq from FFPE
- Whole Genome Sequencing
- Fragmented DNA or amplicons < 500bp
- Smart-Seq2 (whole transcript) – Fimone Picelli et al, Nature Protpcols (2014)
We sequence libraries that were prepared in our facility libraries or prepared by the researcher (i.e. ready-to-run).
We offer a variety of sequencing instruments:
- NextSeq 500 HO – 400M reads per run
- NexSeq 500 MO – 130M reads per run
- HiSeq 2500 – 200M reads per run
- MiSeq – 1M, 4M, 12M, 20M reads per run